Originally posted on CBS Las Vegas:
LAS VEGAS CBS KXNT — Fire officials say a group of children playing with a lighter sparked a fire that left one boy dead sent another to a hospital. Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.
At least four boys are known to have been playing inside the vacant home near Oakey Boulevard and Fremont Street. The game got out of their control when fire spread after they lit a small object with a lighter. When they threw something on top to put it out, the fire sparked up, says Tim Symanksi of Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.
The boys ran out and reported the fire to adults in nearby homes. Two escaped injury, one was burned, and one was left behind.