Continuing Rash Of Burglaries Keep Queens Residents On Edge

Originally posted on CBS New York:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Ridgewood and Forest Hills sections of Queens were on alert Tuesday night, because thieves have ransacked 14 homes in just two months.

Police believe the same burglars are responsible for the break-ins. In each case, they struck during the day, stealing cash, jewelry and other valuables.

One victim, who was too afraid to reveal her identity, told CBS 2’s Hazel Sanchez that the thieves broke into her home in the middle of the afternoon earlier this month.

“Things were opened. Drawers were opened. Lights were on. And then I realized the window was broken,” the woman said. “It’s a horrible feeling; something you don’t get over.”

And the latest burglary victim, Joy Wang, said she has been a nervous wreck since her home was targeted on Saturday.

“The back door is forced open. All the lights are on, and everything is messed up,” Wang said…

View original 63 more words

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s